- Stems may be singular or have whorls of branches. Only single stems produce the cone-shaped spore producing body at the tip.
- Horsetails can be standing in water or in wet areas. Horsetail stems contain silicon crystals (i.e. sand) embedded in its tissue. This gritty texture gives it a common name of “scouring rush”.
Where can i find it?
- Europe, Southern Asia, Northern China, Japan, Canary Islands, North America
- from plain to mountain regions
- wet meadows
- near mountainwaters
- watery land
- on railwayembankment
- like weedsincrops
What parts of it do i use?
- aerial parts of the plant
HARVEST TIME – JULY TO OCTOBER
View original post 75 more words